Hello, hello! Happy-almost-Canadian- Thanksgiving weekend! While we do love ALL things pumpkin, and sandwiches can be good, but cookie sandwiches are on a totally different level….especially pumpkin sandwiches cookies. Pumpkin icing sandwiches, to be precise. Because what’s better in the fall than a Shockingly Healthy Fully Loaded Cookie? A Shockingly Healthy Fully Loaded Cookie turn into a pumpkin icing sandwich!
Today we’ve got a special guest blogger and recipe developer, Jessica Urback, from www.healthyhabitsbyjess.com who developed this ah-mazing icing! We are so happy to have her stop by on our blog. Jessica is a Holistic Nutritionist in Toronto and healthy lifestyle blogger. Through her Instagram, blog, and nutritional services she strives to show others how living a healthy lifestyle can be delicious and easy. Jessica is in the process of building her own practice and hopes to inspire others to form healthy habits one step at a time, whether it be through food, personal care products, fitness or mindset.
These cookies sandwich a maple pumpkin cashew filling. They make for the perfect fall dessert. The ingredients used to make the filling are nutritious and wont leave you feeling bloated and on a sugar high. Plus, the filling is easy to make!
Here is how to make these delicious pumpkin spiced cookie sandwiches.
Serves: 4 full sandwiches or 8 half sandwiches
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 8 Shockingly Healthy Cookies (we prefer oatmeal chocolate chip or Fully Loaded).
- Soak the cashews in a bowl of water for 8-24 hours.
- Then drain the water and add the cashews to a high-powered blender or food processor along with all the other ingredients, except for the cookies.
- Blend until a smooth mixture forms.
- Place the mixture in a bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Then spread 1 tbsp of the icing on the bottom of one cookie and top with a second cookie. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- Either serve like this or cut in half