We love pancakes! And what makes pancakes better than molten chocolate…and being shockingly healthy? Nothing. Seriously. Best. Pancakes. Ever.
You know when you want molten chocolate cake? Or…when you want brownies for breakfast? Or when you want 3 kinds of chocolate to be a part of your breakfast? Brownies…and chocolate chips, and cacao nibs, oh my!
Pancakes aren’t always the healthiest thing, they’re often a white flour/white sugar kind of deal. And these molten triple chocolate Shockingly Healthy brownie pancakes might sound even less good for you….but you’d be wrong :). We’ve hidden tons of goodies in them! Well….you might know our brownies are healthy enough you CAN have them for breakfast, but in case you want them in a bit more of a traditional breakfast form? This might be the most decadent tasting solution. But we’ve packed it with lots of goodness too! Almost meal, oats, chia….it’s a superfood pancake with lots of cacao goodness. And don’t forget you’re eating chickpeas cause of those brownies, too! Oh, and they happen to be gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan.
- PANCAKE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 shockingly healthy brownie (+ more for serving in you like)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup water + 3 tablespoons
- ½ cup cashew milk (or milk of choice)
- ½ cup oat flakes
- ⅓ cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extra
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Whatever you like! But we used:
- maple syrup
- cacao nibs
- dark chocolate chips...
- and yes, more brownie pieces if you like.
- Heat up a pan or griddle and put some oil (we use a coconut oil spray.)
- Mix your chia seeds with your water and let it sit for a few minutes (this is your binder).
- Cut up your brownie into small pieces.
- Add all pancake ingredients except brownies to your chia and stir to combine.
- When your cookie surface is hot, spoon scant ¼ cup scoops of batter onto it.
- Add 4-5 pieces of brownie per pancake, and press them in with a knife.
- Cook 5-6 minutes per side or until side is golden (these are dense and take some time to cook).
- Top with whatever you'd like!
And don’t forget how we put brownie pieces on the inside too!
One more shot of the amazing inside of these…with some smeared molten brownie, of course.
Don’t worry, it’s also totally acceptable to eat these for dessert, if you missed the boat on breakfast today. For another *shockingly healthy* pancake recipe, check out: Apple Fritter Pancakes.