What makes for the best carrot cake? I think it’s coconut! I liked these pancakes so much I made them for days in a row..and nobody complained. They are fluffy and hearty at the same time. And delicious.
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 cps shredded carrots
- ⅓ flour (I used spelt)
- ⅓ cup spelt flakes (or large flake oatmeal)
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 T chia seeds (white, whole)
- 1 t baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- puree the eggs and the carrots and coconut oil together (I used a magic bullet, but a blender or immersion blender would do just fine)
- in a large bowl, combine all other ingredients EXCEPT the shredded coconut
- fold liquid into flour mixture until combined
- fold in coconut
- cook over medium, flipping when the top is bubbly
Make an easy 2 second syrup alternative:
- combine yogurt with vanilla stevia to taste–it’s healthier than syrup!
Top with some nuts for an extra ‘carrot cake’ taste. Enjoy!
Just in case you needed a few more reasons to eat these…
- whole eggs provide complete usable protein
- good source of B vitamins–destress with breakfast!
- sneaking some veggies into breakfast–yes, you should!
- chia seeds provide some Omega 3’s, and a great source of fiber and antioxidants
- coconut oil=healthy fats
Look at this delicious texture!