I love peanut butter cups, and I love cookie dough. The time came when I didn’t want to have to choose between the two anymore. I think you’ll like this happy pairing as well! These guys happen to be gluten-free and vegan, and you can easily make an entirely sugar-free version.
Just one note for any Torontonians, before I get into this peanut butter cookie dough dream, I’ve added a where to buy page as part of the Shockingly Healthy Brownie Shop.
Also, they’re healthy, and have no refined sugar in the filling. I used 70% dark chocolate for the coating, which isn’t too sugary either! Making your own cups like this is really worth the effort!
You can also make them into truffles if you’d like! It’s a good option if you don’t have a pb cup mold, although using a mini muffin tin is a nice way to cheat that.
I haven’t shown this option, but to be completely sugar-free, you could roll the truffles in cocoa, rather than coating them in chocolate. Onto the recipe!
- 4 T almond milk
- 5 T peanut butter
- 2 t stevia
- 1.5 cups chickpeas
- 1 cup dark chocolate OR ¼ cup cocoa powder for sugar free version
- Blend everything except the chocolate in the food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- If making pb cups: put a layer of chocolate at the bottom of mould or lined muffin tin, put a flattened ball (make a ball, then press it down slightly, to be the rough shape of a 'center' of a cup), then top with chocolate.
- If making truffles, make all the cookie dough into balls, and then dip into chocolate, and place on a parchment lined paper to set in the fridge.
- For sugar free version, roll cookie dough balls in cocoa powder.
Today I dropped off another delivery at 7 West Cafe. I was super happy to see this outside:
The dessert revolution is here! My brownies are also their dessert special. Yay! Brownies and blondies are also now at Dark Horse Espresso Bar on Queen Street East. Tomorrow The Green Beanery gets coconut chocolate chip blondies again, as well as minty brownies. Yum! Lucky residents in the Annex.