Hello, hello! Happy first day of summer!
In Toronto it’s been pretty summery for a few weeks now, but it’s nice that it’s now official. I had a bunch of fresh strawberries waiting to be used so I made these cookies. They’re sweet with a little tartness from the strawberries, and completely delicious! Super moist and chewy, and remind me a little bit of a lacey cookie (just around the edges). They’re also gluten-free, but you’d never know!
What’s your favourite thing to make with strawberries?
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 1 cup gluten-free oats (I used quick cooking)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- Read more at: Strawberry White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies http://dinnerthendessert.com/strawberry-white-chocolate-cookies/
- Whisk together almond meal, oats, salt, baking powder, and set aside.
- Coarsely chopped strawberries, and set aside.
- Whisk together your egg, vanilla and coconut oil, and vanilla (make egg and coconut oil are room temp, or the coconut oil will get too hard)
- Add your wet to dry and mix well (mixture may appear dry but will get more moist when strawberries are added).
- Fold in strawberries and dark chocolate chips.
- Spoon in heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet.
Simply plug in your postal code on our Where to Buy page to find the closest location to you. http://shockinglyhealthy.com/where-to-buy/
Not finding your favourite store on the list? Let us know where you’d like to see us!
Now…get to the kitchen and make THESE cookies.