During his post-prime years, Elvis earned a reputation for his peanut butter and banana cravings, a signature quirk that became part of his legacy. He may have been a little… unrefined in his snack preferences, but the king was not dumb. This combination is just the bomb, any way you prep it. When peanut butter and banana come together in a sandwich, a baked good, cake, or our personal favourite du jour – an ice cream treat, PB & B just lends a flavour that’s tough to beat.
Sweet, salty, soft, chewy… you don’t need much to make this pair shine. We’d argue they’re best left as in-their-natural-state as possible. That’s why we love this 2-ingredient banana ice cream paired with our Peanut Butter blondies. Pure and simple perfection meets pure and simple perfection, if we don’t mind saying so ourselves 😉
While that scoop on top of that blondie might look like sheer indulgence, you’re also getting your fibre, vitamin B6 and C, and paired with a Shockingly Healthy Peanut Butter Blondie, a good deal of protein. You can expect to feel satisfied for longer, and you won’t miss the sugar-crash an hour or so after eating – our blondies are naturally sweetened with dates and coconut sugar, and won’t mess with your energy-levels.
For those hot nights when cravings hit, there’s just no substitute for ice cream. So have it, we say!
Not in a sundae-mood? Chop that blondie up and mix it in, DIY-blizzard style. Who needs soft serve when you can be your own dairy queen, right?
Got peanut butter? Nutella? Coconut? Nuts? Soup up your soft-serve and add your own mix-ins for a totally customized creation. As a base, banana ice cream lends itself to many flavour pairings, fruity, or chocolate-y.
Or, if you’re a hard-ice cream lover, freeze your chopped-blondie banana ice cream mix in the freezer until solid. Eat it by the scoop in a cone, or dress with syrups or whipped cream. Sometimes, you just need a beach-style scoop of something cold and sweet.
- 1 Banana
- Pinch of sea salt
- Shockingly Healthy Peanut Butter Blondie
- Slice peeled banana into discs and freeze overnight.
- Blend frozen banana in blender or food processor with pinch of sea salt.
- Scoop "soft serve" onto Peanut Butter Blondie and serve.
- To make a banana soft-serve "blizzard": After pureeing, fold in diced pieces of Shockingly Healthy Peanut Butter blondie at a ratio of 1 blondie to 1 banana. Add toppings or mix-ins such as peanut butter, coconut, etc. to taste. Serve immediately.
- To make banana peanut butter blondie hard ice cream: After folding in diced pieces of Shockingly Healthy Peanut Butter blondie, freeze ice cream. Scoop to serve.