Is healthy eating and baking your way of life? Do you believe deliciousness can and should be healthy? Are you a baker with a crossfit attitude? Or…do you love the idea of becoming a brand ambassador to spread the word about these values and our delicious products?
If you’re positive, love working with people, always put your best foot forward, and still have energy to spare, we want to hear from you! We’re always growing, so send us your resume and a cover letter about why you’d love to work with Shockingly Healthy, and we’ll be in touch. When a position opens up, you’ll be the first in line!
Meanwhile, don’t forget to bookmark this page, and check back often for new job postings!
Are you an entrepreneurial and self-motivated sales professional with a love of health and wellness? Do you know and believe that dessert can be more than empty calories?
Shockingly Healthy is seeking a Sales Manager (our first sales hire other than our broker) to grow our account base and drive volume in key accounts across all channels.
This opportunity can be based out of Toronto or Vancouver.
- Reporting to the Founder/CEO, the sales manager will be responsible for executing and managing Shockingly Healthy’s sales operations
- Secure placement in independent and select mass channels, as well as food service
- Awareness of merchandizing and placement
- Keen analytical mind and ability to prioritize
- Excellent organizational skills
- Managing consumer and industry trade shows will be required (as a result, some weekends are required).
- Ability to motivate and influence people
- Work with marketing and demo teams collaboratively
- Some travel required
- Thrives in a fast-paced self-motivated environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in sales
- A magnetic personality and a passion for health – you walk the walk
- Preference given to those with experience in the natural channel
- Experience in a B2B sales environment
- Experience working with distributors
- Strong computer skills – and proficiency in excel and word
- A strong work ethic and exceptional time management skills
- Ability to negotiate
- Creative and not afraid to cold call – as a small business sometimes we need to be creative to get the attention of the right person
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Please send resume and cover letter, and a video telling us why you're a fit (link to youtube clip please) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please specify Toronto or Vancouver.
Shockingly Healthy is a Toronto based dessert company founded by a nutritionist/personal trainer. We bridge the gap between decadence and health – and inspire others – that anything you love to eat can be health promoting. Our flagship brownie is made with chickpeas and sweetened with dates – though you’d never know it.
Shockingly Healthy Inc is looking for a fun-loving Marketing Coordinator - social and IRL with a passion for healthy desserts to join our team part-time! Your mission will be to help to spread the Shockingly Healthy love all over the internet and in real life (coordinating remotely) while building on our existing relationships and continuing the online voice of our brand.
You will be working a flexible part-time hours, spread relatively evenly over the weeks, with room to grow. The job can be done remotely (we don’t mind if you work in pyjamas!) and mostly on your own schedule, although posts and engagement should need to happen at our "peak" hours (between 9AM and 10pm EST). Applicants must be excellent writers who are able to adapt tone and style to match our existing content.
- posting 10-15 posts per month including blurb writing/hashtags - a little simple design but I'd provide the photography (that could be different). A number of these are basic and would take minutes to design - like new store mentions.
- running 1-2 giveaways/month, liaising with brands to secure other brands for giveaway, researching future brands to collaborate with
- some influencer outreach - but more related to events (so not influencers in the traditional sense of ppl with big followings - more like if someone is doing a talk at Lole, for example...talks that are near retailers we sell too.
- gym collabs -- researching and reaching out to premium gyms near A accounts and coordinating brownie sends to them - free product for their clients and a key trainer can introduce, say a couple talking points and where to find it. Target 1-2 sends/week.
Our ideal applicant will have :
-A passion for healthy dessert! If you love eating healthy and finding ways to make dessert as healthy as possible, we want to hear from you!
-Basic design skills (must have access to Photoshop or other image editing software)
-Experience with building and executing content calendars
-A way with words - your grammar is a force to be reckoned with!
-A sense of humour - our brand is fun, approachable and should make people smile!
-Great interpersonal skills that come across via online communication!
-logical and strategic
-understands what content is important to sell vs what is just pretty to look at
-Familiarity with SEO and analytics
-A collaborative spirit
-Experience managing social media feeds
-Familiarity with Hootsuite and Google Drive
-Excellent organizational skills
-great with spreadsheets
-a keen eye for detail
-Experience marketing over social media (predominantly through Instagram)
-Familiarity with Wordpress
-Comfortable creating and managing collaboration and sponsorship agreements
More hours may be available if you have skills in the following areas:
-Experience or training in PR. There will be the option to do more hours if you’d like to take on some PR responsibilities as well.
-Video and/or video editing skills and software
-Photography skills (please send portfolio)
-Looking for even more hours? Let us know if you're interested in being a brand ambassador (access to a vehicle required).
$400-$600/month depending on skills, experience and agreed upon deliverables.
If you think you’d be a great fit for the job, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, subject line "MARKETING COORDINATOR APPLICATION explaining why you’d love to work with us, as well as at least two examples of mock-up posts (aim to show off your design skills) and their associated copy that you think would look great on our Instagram (@shockinglyhealthy) We're not looking for anything design heavy or complicated - just something that shows your ability to capture our voice and style!
Do you love dessert and passionately believe it can and should be better for you? Would you like to make hundreds on people smile on Saturdays?
Shockingly Healthy (a nutritionist run wholesale bakery) is looking for 1 enthusiastic brand ambassadors to demo our goods in in the Ottawa area. A couple of Saturday's per month, daytime availability is a must (with room to grow). We ask for a 1 year commitment for any role with us (we're happy to have you longer, too!)
Shifts are usually 4 hours, during the daytime.
In your application, please provide:
-why you're interested in this role, and why you think you'd be great for it (bonus points if you want to make a short video and TELL us why)
-What you like most about Shockingly Healthy products
-what you think makes a dessert healthy
-whether or not you have access to a vehicle
-what area of the city you're in, and how far you're willing to travel
-confirmation that you are available Saturdays
To apply please email jobs (at) shockinglyhealthy.com with the subject line BRAND AMBASSADOR city you are based in.