This recipe is so easy and yet, so impressive, which is why I decided to take it on to Day Time York Region today. You can watch the episode here: http://rogerstv.com/media?lid=237&rid=17&gid=274251
So anyway, what I love most about this recipe (besides how insanely delicious it is) is getting to take advantage of the versatility of our brownies and squares. So many people agonize over trying to find just the right recipe for gluten free and/or vegan crusts, and I just want to grab them by the shoulders (lovingly, of course!) and say, “Please. Take this Shockingly Healthy Brownie or Blondie, roll it up, press it into a muffin tin or baking pan, and tell your taste buds they can thank me later.”
And because I like to save time and energy, I’ve created a recipe you don’t even need to put in the oven. These gorgeous treats are basically ready to eat as soon as you’ve pressed them into your muffin tin, although you can put them in the fridge or freezer to set, or to get cold so you can serve them as a frosty dessert.
What you end up with are these bite-sized lovelies, which make the perfect grab-and-go snack, sweet and salty breakfast, or dainty dessert. Or you can just be a boss and eat the entire batch in one sitting. I’m not saying you should necessarily do that (moderation is key to healthy eating!), BUT I am saying you might want to, and hey, if you decide to just go full dessert fiend with a recipe, it might as well be a healthy, delicious little number like this one!
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram @shockinglyhealthy and tag us if you decide to make these gorgeous treats. We’d love to hear how you liked them!
- 1 4-pack of Shockingly Healthy Double Chocolate Brownie
- ½ cup tightly packed dates (soak overnight in water and then drain)
- ⅓ cup chickpeas
- ⅔ cup natural, unsalted peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- Puree all filling ingredients together and set aside.
- Cut Shockingly Healthy Double Chocolate Brownies into 4-6 pieces. Take a piece and roll it into a ball between your hands, then flatten it until it's a couple of inches wide. Press brownie ball into lined mini muffin liner. Fill each muffin lined tart with your PB filling and press in.
- You can choose to eat these right away (you'll want to!), but you can also place in the fridge or freezer to chill.
- This recipe produced 20-24 mini muffin pan sized tarts. The brownie is amazing but you could do this crust-free too!
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer, and enjoy!